Los Angeles DUI Lawyer
Justin E. Sterling, a preeminent Los Angeles DUI attorney, has represented and successfully defended thousands of DUI cases. Our firm has a thorough understanding of California DUI law and we are dedicated to protecting the rights of our clients. Our years of experience and expertise have cemented our reputation as being one of the most sought after advisors for California DUI defense.
A DUI arrest triggers two cases: A criminal court case and a DMV case. The highest level of legal representation requires a firm understanding of how to defend both proceedings. In addition, time is not on your side. Individuals who have been arrested and cited for DUI have only 10 days from the date of their arrest to contact the DMV. Failure to do so can result in the automatic suspension of one’s ability to drive.
DUI Cases Are Beatable
DUI cases are defensible. Thus, it is critical to seek experienced counsel so that your case can be evaluated by a DUI specialist. If convicted of DUI, there are various consequences that one may have to face. These consequences have a huge impact on one’s credibility, livelihood, as well as carry stiff financial consequences. Some typical consequences our firm sets out to AVOID are:
- License Revocation
- License Suspension
- Mandatory AA meetings
- Longer Alcohol Classes
- Expensive Fines
- Other Restrictions
Leaders In Our Field
The Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling specializes in misdemeanor and felony DUI defense. Los Angeles DUI Attorney, Justin E. Sterling has tried numerous misdemeanor and felony DUI cases in front of juries throughout California. His record of success also extends to fashioning favorable settlements for his clients which include reductions and dismissals.
Los Angeles DUI law is a separate and distinct practice area due to the scientific nature of these types of cases. Effective representation on a DUI case requires an in-depth understanding of both science and law. The substantive and procedural aspects of DUI litigation have grown immeasurably more complex over the years. As methods of analysis become more complex, the possibilities for error grow. The highest level of DUI representation also includes understanding certain consequences the DMV may impose.
Issues such as whether the police followed certain guidelines during their investigation, as well as the accuracy of any machines used in a particular investigation can dramatically impact a DUI case. It is critical to hire an attorney who is a specialist in this highly concentrated area of the law.
Our Meticulous Approach To A DUI Case
The Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling takes affirmative steps in defending its clients on a DUI matter. These steps include but are not limited to the following:
- we independently test all blood/urine results; breathalyzer maintenance and calibration records are thoroughly investigated;
- we routinely consult with various experts in order to establish potential scientific defenses; the findings of an expert can be helpful in negotiating favorable plea-deals or may be useful in providing testimony at trial;
- we coordinate with the DMV to protect our client’s driver’s license; our services include complete representation in all DMV proceedings;
- we take proactive steps to provide our clients with substance abuse treatment which may demonstrate to the court and prosecutor a willingness to address the issues at hand;
- as a general course of practice, we author, file, and argue specific motions relating to legal issues in a particular case; the most common issue that arises in a DUI case is whether the police had probable cause to initially stop a vehicle; a successfully argued motion on this issue can result in all charges being dropped.
In-Depth Criminal Trial Experience
Mr. Sterling has been consistently recognized by his peers and clients for his legal skill and courtroom ability. In 2008, Mr. Sterling was named Attorney of Year by the Los Angeles County Public Defender’s Association. Named after the nationally renown death penalty lawyer Charlie Gessler, the award highlighted Mr. Sterling’s case results from jury verdicts to favorable case settlements.
Recently Mr. Sterling was selected to Top Lawyers in California and named a Top Criminal Defense Attorney Under Age 40, by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. He has been profiled by both print and digital media for his dedication to criminal trial work.
Whether it’s a first-time DUI or felony DUI which has tragically resulted in the death of another, our firm is prepared to handle every aspect of your case. Call our office today for a free consultation – (818) 995-9452.
Los Angeles DUI Resources